FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying through YYC (security, connections, customs, etc) Sep 2021 onwards
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:39 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
Updated the wiki to reflect ramp construction by the C pier being completed, all C gates in use, more A gates in use, A security appears to be open now but don't know about hours, and other details.
Thanks for the update. The construction on the ramp at C seemed to be finished as of about 2 weeks ago, but I wanted to get a bit better look at everything before posting an update. Unfortunately, I've been unexpectedly grounded since then.

I can't believe A is fully back in use. There's simply no need to use the 80/90 gates for domestic flights if it is.

As for touting the recent changes as positive, as usual, the idiots running the airport authority are, well, idiots. Items 2-4 on their list wouldn't be necessary if they didn't seem committed to this stupid setup of spreading domestic flights across the entire frigging airport. If it stays this way, not only will it be a never-ending nightmare to get around the place, it will be the end of sterile ITI connections, which only hurts everyone who uses the airport by reducing its attractiveness as a connection point.

This is how I see the discussions playing out in the airport authority offices: