FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:11 pm
BarneyMcGrew

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by Definitas
last time I saw a similar post (on another website) I could still see the DDS link. I just logged in and, sure enough. It is not there. From memory it just says you have to call to get the discount. Has this changed?

I also had a wave of nostalgia due to the word promulgated!

If DDS members know or had bookmarked the latest direct DDS/BA weblink and can recall the password, then the offer is still available online (there is a technical problem between BA and DDS hence it not being currently available on the Defence Discount Service). It should return as the discount is still a promulgated Armed Forces Covenant commitment from BA (see para 2.1 of their Covenant pledge):

https://assets.publishing.service.go...t_20161007.pdf

It has always been via a direct weblink from DDS to BA and the offer was not generally available over the phone. Infact item 10 of the t&c’s states:

When Virgin Atlantic had an Armed Forces Covenant discount pledge, their offer was only available via the telephone. However Virgin Atlantic removed their entire covenant pledge and haven’t as yet re-signed up to it.

Barney