FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:59 pm
HeyItsMK

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ASA_1
I find it really inconsistent on Alaska’s part that ‘20 rollover miles do count, but the ‘20 segments don’t.

I have also received inconsistent answers from agents. The whole rollout of the tier wasn’t great.
What is confusing is that there are 2 conditions to status, and both have a path to satisfying them via segments:

For 100K:

A) 100K EQM -OR- 140 AS/Partner Segments (2020 Rollover Period + 2021 Flying)
B) 24 AS Segments (2021 Flying Only)

What is probably causing various answers from different agents is how they interpret a question of "Will the rollover segments count towards my status?" If someone has satisfied Condition A via EQM, then the rollover segments will no longer matter for them, meaning the answer is "No". If they have yet to satisfy Condition A, then they could still technically achieve a total of 140 Segments including what was rolled over, so for them the answer would be "Yes".

Either way, it appears that the website (and I believe the iOS app) should be updated with streamlined indicators that display the correct values, so hopefully that makes it less confusing.