FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this a vacation? 17 flights in 2 weeks and 10 hotels (AA F/J, AC J/Y, CM J, LA PY)
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:59 am
SKYEG

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
AA F DFW-MIA

77W

Seat 2A

The delay was due to waiting for pilots lol. After around two hours delay, we began boarding. Very surprising that there was ZERO Concierge Key pre-boarding. Usually a few at DFW. The 77W was completely full front the back too, with people running out of space for their bags in the overhead in Y…(RIGHT?!)

the familiar Cirrus J seats, also found on Cathay

This was my first time in Flagship First hard product, and I was impressed. Definitely an upgrade over business, without a doubt. A ton of working space, and of course the signature “office in the skies” where your seat faces the windows. Paired with two amazing seasoned FA’s, it made for a wonderful short flight to Miami. Both Dallas based FA’s with THICK accents, with fantastic hospitality and style. Complete different attitudes from my last AA flight!

American Flagship First Seat2A

triple windows are nice

Office mode everyone knows

Big cubby. Legroom for days.

Plug ins, IFE contrl, vanity mirror

Working on the trip report lol. The chair turns over to face the windows, making it an excellent desk.

seat controls. massage function actually worked pretty good...

F bathroom. Nothing special, tiny bit nicer

Massive tray table...

Terrible meal. Some hummus dip, crackers, chocolate brownie, choice of cold turkey/tomato pesto which is all that is served on AA right now alongside sunflower seeds aka bird food. Salad is okay but they need healthier dressing

To the left that little pocket lights up and can hold a small laptop like mine.

MIA

Driver showed up 30 min late and I almost died in the heat wearing a hoodie lol

There’s nothing I can really fault on the American Flagship Seat. It’s old, it’s not private and it is what it is…. But it’s still way better than business class.

Food on AA is sAAd, with two cold choices of Tomato pesto or turkey sandwich offered. The tomato is actually better, but the TOMATO ITSELF has been missing from the sandwich occasionally. The FA told me there may be missing tomato’s on the tomato sandwich today… lol. Took the turkey. I barely touched the food. And drank more water out of plastic cups.

I was surprised that there were disposable AA earphones provided. I’ve only had the B&O one’s from flagship biz so I was surprised to see these. Better quality than any other earbuds I’ve received on an airline, as it has gel cap inserts.

My seat was extremely clean, and well maintained. Everything also worked, which isn’t true for all Flagship F seats. I can’t complain about this flight at all. Best way to travel on a 3 hour DFW-MIA domestic USA besides private jet. I’ve flown on a few PJ’s and this seat has more room than some of the light jets I’ve been on!

Because of the delay, I landed in Miami super late. I grabbed a uber and headed straight towards the Marriott Miami Stanton South Beach.

Last edited by SKYEG; Nov 2, 2021 at 12:48 pm