FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Should AS Funnel More Transit Passengers Via PDX as SEA Is Overcrowded?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 5:21 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
17 year United 1K here. ORD gets a bad rap - going from the far reaches of C all the way to the tip of F isn't that bad compared to all these airports where a train is required. And that's the WORST that it gets for a domestic single airline connection in the entire airport.

SFO was formerly my home airport so I didn't do a lot of connecting - but the worst UA connection (it is their hub - they probably would have the worst) would be from the old E pier out to the intl G gates. Easy walk. No train waiting required. Those two airports are actually very compact for walking compared to many. SEA at AS - about average. Things like ATL and IAH are horrendous.

Since OneWorld I've switched more of my flying from UA to AA. Ugh - I forgot how much I hated the trAAin.
Yeah. Thing is I do ORD and SFO as an AS pax (often connecting international). It’s uh, less than ideal. And LAX is a joke, though thank goodness terminals are connected behind security.