FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:10 am
Mr. BoH

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Beckles
For example, what you quoted from the site:

Is terribly worded. They try to make it easy by distinguishing between miles and Loyalty Points to start, but then they conflate miles and Loyalty Points in their explanation, making it less clear. Yet in that statement they say all base miles, then say that base miles include bonus miles, and really what they mean is that all those miles are Loyalty Points. Elsewhere they have this wording:And then state that each of those equal one Loyalty Point, that is a little more clear, but is footnoted instead of more clearly stated.
Maybe I should have posted the "Q" from the FAQ in my first post too. When you include that, I think it is pretty clear in the context of the question they are answering:

Which AAdvantageŽ miles count toward earning Loyalty Points?

In the air: All base miles earned from flying on Loyalty Point-qualifying airlines (flights marketed by American Airlines, oneworldŽ airlines, and JetBlue). This includes:
  • Basic Economy tickets on American
  • All status bonuses earned when flying on American Airlines and eligible partner airlines