FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Danbury Airport (DXR) a busy airport? Many flights? Noise impact on nearby towns?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:45 pm
WingedWorldExplorer
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by thewrightsisters
The house I am considering buying is between New Canaan and Wilton. I’m looking at a Skyvector dot com map at possible flight paths that go over the house but I am not a pilot so don’t know what the map is telling me. Flyer talk won’t let me post the link because I’m not points-worthy, but I’m wondering if a savvy person could look at the map between New Canaan and Wilton and tell me if it indicates the likelihood of hearing landings, approaches and takeoffs to Westchester, Danbury or LaGuardia airports? I heard overhead plane noise on Sunday, but wondered if was occasional or a regular flight path. I am hoping to live in a quiet semi-rural place specifically (yes, I know there are leaf blowers and dogs to think about too!). Thank you!
First, congratulations on moving to a very beautiful picturesque part of the world. Both towns are lovely and not in any direct flight path. Danbury airport is for small private planes and approaches are not over Wilton or New Canaan.