FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Passes - what are they and how to use them?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:14 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
I gave status passes twice.

The first time was June YUL, the status passes were very new and the gate agent had no clue it existed, she treated my girlfriend like a peasant and got her to cry at the counter with my 3 young kids. She was so rude, I had to call the concierge to get things done, we're talking June 2020 transborder flight where there was like 10 people on the flight and no one at check-in. ohhh the blasphemy to check-in at the SE counter! Also the gate agent refused the 3 check-in bags, luckily we didn't need them but that was the main reason for gifting passes in case she needed more bags.

I think today the status passes are better understood by the gate agents, but it's still new/rare it seems. Last August at LAS I was with them for check-in so it went way better, it is still not clear to gate agents how it works, she did see boarding zone 2 so she knew there was something "special", but it doesn't say status pass or a status so the agents are very confused (she said in her system she could not see any status or anything, but it did show the different boarding zone).
Status passes didn't exist in June 2020 and they don't entitle you to SE check-in, so it seems like there was quite a bit of misunderstanding on both sides of the counter.