FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Cancellation on Partner Award Ticket
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:47 pm
Deemus7

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I have a similar issue to @Mister P. I used LifeMiles to book US-IST-AAA on Turkish Airlines for 3 pax. IST-AAA is now canceled, and I am trying to rebook on IST-BBB (AAA and BBB are in the same country and would thus allow us to salvage our trip). I even checked that there are 3 business-class award seats on IST-BBB at roughly the same time as our original flight. However, Avianca customer service is insisting that this change has to be done by TK. I've talked to four LifeMiles agents today, all of whom say that TK needs to update the itinerary with the new flight, and once that happens, AV will reissue it.

Meanwhile, the four TK agents I've spoken to all claim they can't touch the ticket — since it's on 202 ticket stock.

Is trying to make this change a lesson in futility? I would just cancel the flight and get the miles back to rebook, but the US-IST flight is showing I0, and since the flight's in December, I doubt the three seats would go back to TK's inventory to rebook from scratch. At this point I almost want to just cancel the short (now canceled) connection, at least keep the long-haul J flight, and then book IST-BBB separately.

It's just mind-boggling to me that what should be a simple update with Star Alliance partners — and with confirmed award availability no less! — has taken hours to try to fix, and still I have an unusable ticket.