FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To test or not to test.
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:18 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
In France, you can get around just fine with a CDC card (or any other foreign vax certificate) - I was there late Sept and we had people from the US and South Africa in our party without a QR code and no issues on trains or in restaurants. And we weren't in Paris either. In reality YMMV, but in the week we spent going around the CDC card was not rejected once.

On-topic: at the time, France did not require an entry test. But at check-in in STL the agents were clueless about what was needed to get into France beyond a vax record. They tried to get me to sign an attestation which literally said "for unvaccinated persons". Ultimately I convinced them i'd sort it at the gate in ATL and they gave me my boarding pass.
I've had co-workers denied access to restaurants without EU PASS. If business is willing to take risk I guess they can accept CDC card. However the rules say need a scannable EU Pass. If not you're supposed to get a PCR test every couple (3 I think) days.