FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit at HKG - current situation (merged thread)
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:17 am
uanj

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by tentseller
Iff Virgin issue you an outbound boarding pass for the HKA outbound flight which will not happen with two airline PNR/tickets.
I am not sure from the OP's post if this is a single PNR or not. Airlines sometimes issue their own additional PNR just for the one segment on that airline which could be what OP is referring to. However it is not clear from what was written. But as I see it three important points: one PNR covering all segments for the whole journey from the airline issuing the ticket. Second, Virgin must check luggage through to the final destination and issue the boarding pass for the onward connection from HKG. Third, OP must be eligible to enter the country of the final destination transiting through HK (i.e. not China). .

From the HK Airport website:
Air transit/transfer services at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) have resumed gradually. From 15 June 2020, passengers can use HKIA for transit/transfer on flights operated by different airlines under the same air ticket, provided that the passengers have checked through at the origin port with their boarding passes printed and baggage tagged-through to the final destination. Passengers should also confirm in advance that they are able to enter the final destination. Please check with airlines for details.

So not knowing when or to where OP is traveling, it looks like this could possibly work provided those three conditions met. I have no knowledge of anyone with a combination Virgin/HX ticket, so take this with a grain of salt. I do know more people are transiting HKG now.