FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:34 pm
chilglish

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Question Lounge access at SCL for BA Silver, Gold or flying in F or J

Originally Posted by chilglish
Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn’t find any reference in previous posts.

Flying BA club with the family from SCL to LHR and was wondering if we would get lounge access in Santiago?

I’ve checked the oneworld website and it would seem that we wouldn’t be able to access either of the available lounges, since it states that only passengers travelling on Iberia, Qantas or American are allowed entry.

Can anyone confirm?
Brief update on this:

1 - Wrote to BAEC and they couldn't give me a straight answer, referring me to the Oneworld website for information. The website offered the following information:

Andes Lounge:

Access Airlines

Business Class American Airlines
First Class Admirals Club members must present membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an
Sapphire Tier American Airlines operated flight.
Emerald Tier

LATAM VIP Lounge:

Access Airlines

Business Class Iberia
First Class Qantas
Sapphire Tier
Emerald Tier Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only.

2) Called customer service here in Chile and amazingly got through. A very pleasant and helpful representative informed me after a short time on hold that BA Silver, Gold and those flying F or J have access to the LATAM VIP Lounge.

3) Contacted BA on Twitter and they replied after approximately 24 hours telling me that I would be able to access the Andes Lounge.

It's all rather confusing!

EDIT: just visited www.oneworld.com again and they have now added BA to the airlines allowed into the Andes Lounge. Still don't know who to believe. I guess we'll find out in December...