FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Decoding the alphabet soup - fare buckets for UA
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:50 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by surram
That site is notoriously inaccurate and out of date, a few weeks ago looked at the site and find multiple errors Please don't recommend

This FT thread's wiki is the most accurate / up to date source of information (and yes I am one of the contributions -- but not the only one)

Originally Posted by pbh220
Can someone please get me a link to this WIKI, so I can see the Upgrade Inventory Codes?
What upgrade does "R" signify? Is there still an R/PZ and if so what inventory does this signify?

Thank you.
Oct 2018 UA replace R with PZ -- R is now discount Premium Plus
R is no longer used for upgrade inventory -- PZ is (PN is GS upgrade inventory)
RN (saver) & ON (standard) are the premium Plus upgrade inventory -- if the aircraft has Premium Plus
Changes to UA's Fare Classes (19-20 October 2018)

To see the full UA fare alphabet -- see the wiki

To see a flight's fare class inventory you will need Expert Mode Update: better upgrade visibility and opt-in to see fare bucket data.

There is no easy way to search for PZ space over a range of flights or days Ways to search for upgrade space at booking?

There is no way to predict for sure if a waitlist upgrade will clear, but various members discuss things the look for in selecting flight [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 8, 2021 at 8:56 pm