FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: Chase Sapphire PREFERRED rewards refresh, 2021
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:17 pm
strickerj

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Adelphos
A couple of weeks ago, I booked a hotel room on Chase travel, expecting to get 5x points and a $50 hotel credit (my card anniversaried before I booked, so I am eligible for the credit). As of now, I don't see any enhanced earnings (I see the standard 2x earnings in my pending points for the hotel purchase) and I don't see any $50 credit. Has anyone successfully received either of these benefits yet?
I have only received 2x points on travel purchases, the last of which was 9/17. I did, however, receive a $50 hotel credit on 9/24, and have been receiving 3x on online grocery purchases (another one of the new benefits) since 9/21.

I'm not sure what's going on since I got my card on 9/8 (right after the new benefits were announced), but it's a bummer since I booked over $1000 worth of hotels through Chase since then only for the 5x points. (I wouldn't have otherwise since Chase bookings require prepayment, whereas Expedia ones typically don't unless they're nonrefundable.)