FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Layover in Paris - sight seeing
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:52 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I've done it, and it actually was easier/smoother than I expected. This was back in 2010, so some things may be different, but in general I would say it's doable.

What I don't recall is what we did with our carry-on suitcases. I believe there was a left luggage office at either the airport or at a main train station that we had to pass through.
Assuming that you take the RER from CDG to Paris, there's no reason to get off at a train station such as Gare du Nord. Pick a station that's close to what you want to see and do, or transfer directly to a subway line to where you want to be.

BTW, watch out for pickpockets, especially on the RER line from/to the airport, where foreign tourists are targeted.

Allow lots of time before your departing flight to go through exit passport control and security at CDG. It's not unusual with a nonEU (etc.) passport to wait more than an hour in the special business class line (even longer for coach passengers without airline status).