FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CE Champagne
Thread: CE Champagne
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:09 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I smile when I read this as I am often persuaded that to some people price is a determinant of quality - if " we" have heard of it or if we find that it is less than €20 a bottle then it is not fit to pour in the battery of the car (I was never aware that this fizzed but one learns more each day). I recall someone serving an excellent Champagne on one occasion last year and I liked it so much I asked what it was - it turned out to be Lidl's own brand Chateau de Seneval.

When we ran out of whichever High Brand Image Champagne in the past - I used to "decant" the Champagne du Jour from Business and serve it from the Krug bottle or whatever. I did not make a habit of it as there was usually enough - but on the odd occasion I did and no one noticed or if they did they never said so.

As for Club Europe that which is served in the Big Bottles is far better than anything served in the screw tops - I know that this conversation comes up every so often - however I have never seen Rosé offered in Club before. I like both Houses however - Canard Duchaine was served at my wedding.