FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Sep 29, 2021, 11:58 pm
JustinTI

Anyone have thoughts/advice on our upcoming stay? My wife and I were originally scheduled to arrive in Paris on Saturday 10/2, so we have that night booked. Because of flight cancellations/changes, we now are scheduled to arrive to CDG at 7:00 a.m. on 10/3 and am debating whether to cancel the first night. In most circumstances, I would check our luggage and chance an early check- in. However, this time I'm considering keeping the room for the early arrival.

My thought process is that the hotel seems to be fully booked on 10/2, and an early checkin may be hard to come by. It is also forecast to be raining that morning (>90% chance until after 2:00 that afternoon), so walking around may not be possible. Also we have a nice dinner booked our first night, and it would be nice to catch a nap that day.

I'm a globalist booked on points with a confirmed suite upgrade - we've previously stayed at the property in 2014. I'd prefer to not use the 30,000 points, but at least it would not be cash. Another positive to canceling the first night is that many more room types would be available for the remainder of the stay...maybe leading to a nicer room upgrade?

Any input/guidance? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JustinTI; Sep 30, 2021 at 12:05 am