FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current Transcon F/J service?
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:05 am
hbtr

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Anyone who has done SNA-JFK since it has become an A321T premium route can you tell me how it was please. I am trying daily to check and find the same cost from LAX on the day I need but its not coming up and the date is nearing in. I am not happy about SNA for various reasons........Mainly, no FFCI (but thats not a huge deal I know) and also 30 more miles or so on the 405. Its a night flight though so traffic shouldnt be too bad.

I am very curious how the flight was- what was being served for "Snack or Brunch"? Also, is it FA's who are regulars on the A321T's and realize its a premium route and treat it as such or is just the regular SNA crew which would mean they have no experience at premium routes as this is the only one and its new.

Thanks
Flew this route about 3 weeks ago. No preorder and I skipped dinner but if I recall there was a menu and full meals similar to other transcon Flagship First service. Maybe 2 people in the security line so not much benefit to (lack of) FFCI. No FL (they weren’t open anywhere at that point) but the SNA club was good and surprisingly quiet/empty (did people in J and F not know they had access?). Bedding provided. No idea if the FAs also serve the LAX-JFK routes as well but service seemed good although I didn’t use much (skipped the meal, didn’t use the bedding). I don’t think any FAs are based in SNA so my guess is it’s the same pool as other A321T flights. Drinks were plastic cups.

I’m closer to SNA and not having to deal with getting into LAX was also a big plus. My two gripes gripe were 1) I would have preferred a later departure to make it easier to sleep, but the SNA curfew makes that impossible, and 2) AA’s habit (on ALL Flagship services) of retrieving the headphones an hour before landing. Now that FL and FFD is opening up, I might choose LAX over SNA but it depends.