FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Business Owners' Sub-Forum?
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:55 pm
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
I spend a few million dollars a year via company CCs.
The strategies to maximize this spend are a bit different than the average household / churner.

Surprisingly, there is *nothing* on the internet that caters to business owners like me.

Would FlyerTalk consider a sub-forum for business owners to discuss credit card spending strategies?

Eg:
- I have two CIPs that I max out the bonuses on, can I get a 3rd?
- Tools to help accounting team assigning spend correctly?
- Good AU cards for employee travel

I know there are other business owners out there spending LOTS more than me.
They don't have a place to go to get good advice, so I fear they are not getting any :/
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband and I are small business owners and I think this is an interesting idea. But you can see it hasn't gotten traction yet, perhaps because not many make this way to the corner of the board. Consider putting a link in your signature to this thread and see if it gains traction.

Carol
Community Director
I think that credit card use, while important, is not sufficient to make the forum workable. Instead, it should be just one of the factors that are discussed in a forum dedicated to all credit and travel-related issues which impact business owners. For example, how much additional money should a businessman be willing to pay to have his employee fly in the front cabin on international flights and arrive refreshed enough to start working immediately? What is the cost/benefit ratio for all employees to use the same hotel chain as opposed to researching which hotels in particular cities provide better accomodations at lower prices? When the pandemic is over, should travel continue to be restricted and replaced by Zoom meetings or does the personal touch in business relations translate to more profitable deals?