FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions: Scandinavia on Points
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:51 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by synergistic
It's funny, tonight was the first night I noticed that I didn't get a confirmation email for an award booking. I'm sure it's happened before, if you've noticed it, I just never have. I'm almost always booking about half an hour before I arrive at a hotel, and they've always had me in the system, so somehow I never noticed.
It used to be the case for some of my same-day US Choice award bookings for these properties that if an email didn't come through within less than a few minutes of booking, then the chances of there being a booking or billing-related problem with the Scandinavian hotels on the relevant booked award nights rose from 0% to about 1-5%. Coincidence? As some of those had the confounding factor that could be identified if/when the points didn't seem pulled from the account at the time of the booking or within sub-3 minutes of the booking if logging out and back in after booking completion, it could be; but even when the points had been pulled and the booked stay and related point activity showed in the logged in Choice site/app, there were problems at times, more so when the emails didn't come. That said, most of those issues don't seem to happen like they used to happen; in part, I think that a big use of US Choice points across more and more Nordic Choice properties has helped; and another thing that has helped -- ironically -- is Nordic Choice's hotel loyalty program switching to a kind of policy that seemed like it was meant to exclude/discourage "third party bookings".