FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Upgrades on American (AA)
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2021, 8:26 pm
985X

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
9/26/2021

AA1317 ORD-DEN B738. Upgraded at the gate. I was #1 of 1. First class departed full.

AA1283 DEN-LAX A321. I was #1 of 1. First class had 5 seats open when I was in AC. Then when I arrived at the gate, I noticed 5 standby pax got the UG. I asked the GA if first class is available. She said no, first class is technically full. So I talked to another agent. I said I should get the UG since I'm the only pax on the UG list. He asked if I'm non-rev. I said no, I'm a revenue pax, I should get UG ahead of non-rev, right? He said yeah and gave me the UG although it's not the seat I requested which was taken by non-rev. After door is closed, I checked again, 2 more pax got added to UG list, didn't clear. 3 more pax got added to standby list (all cleared into main cabin), all ahead of the initial 5 standby pax who got the UG. Gate agent shenanigans I guess? And no apologies from GA at all.