FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:24 am
MarcD

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by squawk
One thing that the check-in agent for my flight did mention (unprompted) was that the airport still plans to create a second lounge. He said where this would be but I couldn't quite hear him.
We were on a very delayed BA flight a couple of weeks ago, the flight was initially cancelled then reinstated bringing another aircraft up which eventually left 5 hours late.

Once we rechecked our bags in and went back through security we found ourselves back in the departures area, with Aspire now closed. BA did give us vouchers to spend in the terminal which we used in Cafe Ritazza. There used to be windows at the back of the cafe with apron views, but this is now boarded up. We had a chat with the lady who was working in there who said she believed it was for the new lounge but work stopped shortly after Covid hit. If it does eventually end up finished, to my memory it won't be that far away in terms of position from the old Cheviot lounge which had it's entrance next to the escalators down to the gates. It would also, by my reckoning, benefit from some natural light.