FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vegetarian in CW - order on board or pre-order a special meal
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:24 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
In Club Europe more and more the VLML is the same as the second option on the main menu. In the past I have found that ordering VLML can lead to drawbacks - no chocolate as on other passengers trays on inbound Gatters flights (!), but now I have seen TWO veggie choices (one a salad), so by ordering VLML I was at a slight disadvantage. I suspect the salad option as a 3rd choice, was because the Club cabin was so large.

It is rare for me to pre-order a vegetarian meal following years of disappointment. Ordering a lacto-ovo meal in advance too often results in a stripped-down vegan offering, with drawbacks as described above. Or worse.

My strategy is to glean what is on offer in CW or F. In First, I ask for a copy of the menu (for the relevant month) to be sent as soon as it is available. Then I decide if I can construct a satisfactory meal from the courses. Inbound flights require more work. The risk is if there are shortages. I'd rather take this gamble and choose what I'd like to eat from the menu.

Flyertalk BA Forum is a great source of menu information for CW, F and airport lounges. It has been so helpful for me.