FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying to DUB then travel onwards to UK
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:56 pm
Kgmm77

Originally Posted by john11111111111
Since the country I am in is still on the red list in the UK but not in Ireland, I am planning to fly to Dublin. I would then plan to stay 10 days in Dublin in a hotel before either catching the Holyhead ferry or getting the train to Belfast and flying over to Bristol.
I have been double vaccinated with AstraZeneca although whether the UK or Ireland recognizes the vaccine certificate I have, I don't know.
I was wondering if anyone knows how closely they check documents in Dublin on arrival (eg proof of hotel reservation, onward ticket etc.), and if I had to go over to the UK before the full 10 days was up for unavoidable reasons, such as family illness, could I just go, or would I have to do a 10-day hotel quarantine in Holyhead? Or could I even be stopped from buying a ticket by the ferry company?
Are you basically asking if you’ll get caught if you don’t comply with the requirements? Probably worth pointing out at this point that discussing how to evade legal requirements is against Flyertalk terms of service.