FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Upgrades (AUP) promotion 2021/22 thread
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:41 pm
Pilot37

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by low1968
First flight in over a year on Thursday as I travelled from LHR to EDI. This used to be a regular trip for me booked through my corporates travel provider. Rules are economy but I was always successful being able to upgrade at the time of check in at £69 for each leg. So I thought I would do the same on this occasion but there wasn't a sniff of an offer. I tried to search for something but really struggle with the new manage my booking view which I really dont like. However undeterred i went to the desk air side at T5 and it was no issue and only £49 which was great. I had no luck on way home at EDI though ground or airside even though the lounge advised there was availability and I could see spaces on board when I returned. I think this was more the staff were unaware how to do it. Has anyone else noted similar issues around lack of upgrade offers at time of check in or a tip where to find upgrade on MMB. Surely its better to take an extra £49 or £69 to aide the cashflow.

Have a look at my post #17 on this exact routing and the issues I encountered.

Pilot37