FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:19 pm
MechMachine

Originally Posted by MechMachine
Thanks so much for the advice everyone! Always appreciate the help and learn something new from here .
jsloan Was able to get this changed.. I think. inventory was updated overnight it seems. I’ve noticed a majority of my schedule change notifications I get occur after Friday evening CST - does United do a bulk of their changes loaded into the system then or just a coincidence?

Also in reference to your comment of XXX - (DEN) - YYY inventory being managed separately from individual segments; this happened:

XXX - DEN changed from YN to XN overnight and DEN - YYY remained at XN so both segments were XN. I wasn’t able to change online but I fed both segments to the agent and they saw XN on each and changed the later DEN - YYY for me so I had a shorter connection. However when I searched for the full XXX - (DEN) - YYY it was still showing YN?
When the agent changed my flight I didn’t pay any fare difference but I looked at my itinerary and those two flights are now at YN instead of XN in my reservation. Did the agent have the authority to change since both segments individually were XN but had to force price it at YN? They said I’d get a receipt within 24 hours; so not sure if it will stick? I’ve always gotten a receipt relatively quickly after talking to an agent after a change. I didn’t get seats assigned on either flight - app and website just lists “Seats” in the place where usually would say the seat selection for each flight in the itinerary.

I reread your comment and “BTW -- if you were booked on a K fare from XXX-(DEN)-YYY, and saw K inventory on the earlier DEN-YYY' flight, you still wouldn't be able to switch to it unless XXX-(DEN)-YYY' also had K inventory.” Stood out to me; as I was under the impression that both segments needed XN and I’d be fine also based on what N104UA stated, but if I understand you correctly both segments individually need XN and also the full XXX-YYY routing needs XN as well because technically we are talking about 3 pieces of inventory that are managed separately.

Last edited by MechMachine; Sep 11, 2021 at 3:29 pm