FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:56 pm
Baygirl2017

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... for example Canadians can now enter the UK vaccinated or otherwise, since they are now Green, would we really want to make them go down the self isolation route again? Now they will be getting some sort of COVID pass, so that may unlock that one, but Brazil is more problematic.
I don't think we are really close. And I don't think there are any plans for a national app. Quebec has an app now. Ontario is not at all ready for anything digital.
From Sept 1.
At first, fully vaccinated Ontarians will need their current vaccination receipt with a valid photo identification to enter premises covered under the new system. The government says that on Oct. 22, it will shift to certificates that include QR codes containing much of the same information included on the vaccination receipts that are already available. That shift will be accompanied by the release of a "verification app" that can be used to validate the QR codes and provide the vaccination status of an individual.

I have my Ontario receipts, which I will upload to my phone. I contacted the Royal Albert Hall a couple of weeks ago, after reading their page about proof of UK, EU or US vaccination, or a negative LFT. The said contact if you had been vaccinated somewhere else. So, I did, and explained the Canada situation . This was their reply.

If you have official proof of your double vaccination (whether this is the card that was given to you when receiving your vaccine, a code on a government app or an official letter from your doctor), you should be able to gain entry to the auditorium. Lateral flow tests can be picked up from most Chemists in England, so if you do not have proof you should be able to take one with ease. You can then receive a text or email with your negative result and you can bring this with you to the event.

So that eased my mind, and then yesterday happened !! Have to hope the UK gov will be as sensible