FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:12 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ridefar
So, question is: if AC has a schedule change of 24 hours or more, on an overseas booking (in J, if that matters), what are you entitled to ask for in terms of rebooking?
See the second post of this thread. APPR theoretically entitles you to be re-booked on a "reasonable" itinerary on "any" airline.

But in practice...

I was told that if the original booking was overwater with AC, then any new booking must be overwater on AC too. However, what does that mean in real terms? If I was flying YYC-YYZ-DOH for example, can I ask for YYC-LHR-DOH where LHR-DOH is on another airline (because the overwater is YYC-LHR on AC)? Does the "other airline" that I ask for after the overwater portion need to be *A? Anybody (like BA)? An airline with regular codeshares? Or something in between? Or neither? Meaning could I ask for somebody with no relationship with AC at all like Emirates?
That's essentially what the AC schedule change policy, issued to AC staff and TAs, mandates.