FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What If You Test Positive Before Return to the US?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:56 am
the810

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sbgmiles
Four days later, he tested negative and was free to leave. Because he had been staying in her home, my friend was required to isolate for the full 10 days even though she did not test positive.
And that's why I always told everyone to never ever mention me in a contact tracing. Let me know directly and I can handle my isolation / testing myself.

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I think this is one where the moral compass should kick in well before the legal obligation.
Sadly, legal obligations frequently exceed the moral compass. Following the moral compass and acting reasonably can often result a fine.

There has been a case in Czechia, early in the pandemic, where one woman had to isolate for over two months after having more than 10 positive tests during the time, even though it was obviously not reasonable to presume she's still infectious. (They have changed the rules since.)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Sep 5, 2021 at 11:33 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member