FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA/AA: Ams/nce - usa j $1300
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:07 pm
Flamenguista

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
I have another question about BA change policy. First leg of itinerary is AMS-LHR-JFK-RDU in November, return portion is not until June, as this BA booking is for 2 different trips. With the Netherlands newly imposing mandatory quarantine for travelers coming from the US, I’m now trying to figure out my options.

1. I have an award ticket flying Lufthansa CLT-MUC-AMS to start this trip. Assuming Germany doesn’t follow with this quarantine, I’d like to change my BA ticketed flights to MUC-LHR-JFK-RDU (so only the first leg). By doing this, will all the flights need to be repriced?

2. If all flights need to be repriced with any kind of change, can I just drop the AMS-LHR segment without repricing?

3. Any other suggestions? I’d like to avoid cancelling the trip altogether, as we have a long family trip planned in June/July to The French Riviera and Italy as the “return” portion of the BA booking. And our TRN-MAD-JFK-RDU true return have already been booked on Iberia in July. I would not care at all about losing the Amsterdam trip in November.
A better plan came to mind. Keep the entire BA ticket as is, and wait until late October for any reversal. If nothing changes, I will change my Air Canada award booking flying Lufthansa CLT-MUC-AMS to RDU-IAD-FRA. That will give us the option of spending time on the Rhine,
somewhere else in Germany, or Luxembourg and still be within a decent train ride to AMS to start this BA booking, as the new Netherlands rules would seem to allow this.