FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need additional nights to get or maintain status (General Discussion)
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:57 pm
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rmc1
4. Apply for Marriott business card which is from AMEX. This claims to offer 15 elite qualifying nights and I assume they would appear in the next 3 months. This is probably the easiest choice since it only requires clicking a few buttons online and no credit issues so should be approved for card. Not sure if AMEX would switch her "personal" account to a "business" account or if it would cause problems with her personal AMEX card (that she doesn't use very often). From what I read here these 15 nights combine with the Chase personal card that gives 15 nights for a total of 30 nights. We would just cancel the card next year since we only needed it now for the 15 nights. Fee is $125 a year.
I understand there is no further need for this info (unless, like my family, after one spouse earning lifetime Marriott Bonv°y Platinum Elite status, it is time for the other to do so), but AmEx will not convert a personal card to a business card. In such circumstances one needs to apply for a new business card.