FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New OZ Elite Membership Qualifying/Maintenance Standard
Old Sep 2, 2021, 5:59 pm
Sea-Wolf

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
Originally Posted by atzy99
I wonder if this change is because they know that people are switching loyalty due to the merge with korean air ? I know I personally switched from asiana to united since I'm not sure how sustainable crediting flights to asiana will be
I'm waiting to see how it all shakes out. I figure there's another good year or two before they tackle merging the frequent flyer programs (I don't even think the merger deal has been signed and sealed yet by the regulators) and when they do it's not like what I have will disappear, it'll just get merged into Korean Air. I'm not interested in switching over to them, but I expect that a number of Star Alliance carriers will have some sort of status match offer when it occurs (I believe that's what has happened in past when carriers have exited the alliance) and then I can switch over to a new Star Alliance carrier and just burn off whatever points I have left that are now in Korean Air at my leisure.