FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can BA codeshares operated by OW carriers credit to Alaska?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:35 pm
DeltaFlyingProf

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by HangryDad
Did you have to ask for a specific department or wait a specific amount of time to call? I am in this exact same boat. 3/4 flights booked on BA and flown on their metal posted without issue. The last long haul on AA metal (in paid I) hasn't posted after 3 weeks.
I went through the normal submission channel first. Nothing happened, so I called and was told to be patient that it was submitted and they were waiting for an answer. Then when my account showed:
AMERICAN AIRLINES
Flight 50 DFW LHR Declined:
Member not found on flight
I called. They said they'd resubmit and "we may have to post manually". Two weeks later, still nothing, so I called again. Now the person handling the call said she'd get someone on the line who could help better. He said he remembered my case (I guess during the previous call, he must have been asked for help). But then he said that they had submitted the claim to AA and got that answer from them. I suspected then that it was mishandled. I questioned more and he stated that it was the operating carrier that would make the posting. I mentioned that this was not the case anymore since AS had joined oneworld. That's when he asked for some time to look it up and after a minute or two came back saying I was right and that I'd have to wait up to 6 weeks for BA to respond.
Just two days ago, the flight appeared with
AMERICAN AIRLINES
Flight 50 DFW LHR Credited
Miles: 4,751; Bonus: 10,690; Total: 15,441
This matches AA's earning chart for a MVP 75k F booking class (2.25 x 4,751 = 10,689.75) while a BA F should give a bonus of 4+1.25=5.25x and thus a bonus of 24,943 for a total of 29,694. Similarly the EQM factor is 2x on AA and 3x as BA.

In your case, the EQM will be the same if they post it as AA but your RDM will suffer as well.

I just flew a similar ticket that ended yesterday (the outbound was 8 days ago) and will report what happens to this one. This last ticket has codeshare only on the domestic portion, so the difference is not as dramatic, but still.