FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices for Filing EU 261 Claims Against United? {Archive}
Old Aug 30, 2021, 8:58 am
mpiotrow

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Does anyone have experience filing a claim for a UK departure post-Brexit? It looks like the UK copied EU law, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to word the letter (since EC 261 technically isn't the relevant rule anymore). If someone has a form letter they'd share with me, I'd really appreciate it.

I was booked on LHR-US for today, but the flight cancelled due to mechanical issues (as stated by UA), and I was moved to the same flight tomorrow. It would seem that I am eligible for the full 600 GBP amount.
KDCAflyer , did you ever get anything figured out? I just departed LHR a few days ago on a UA flight (LHR-EWR-SFO-XXX, all on the same PNR), and my EWR-SFO flight was delayed (not due to weather, strikes, etc, but simply due to the arriving plane landing 15 minutes late, which somehow caused the departing flight to leave ~1 hour 20 minutes late), which caused me to miss the SFO-XXX flight which was the last one of the day, so I had a forced overnight at SFO, and rebooked on the first flight the next morning (eventually arriving 10.5 hours later than I was originally scheduled to arrive). I believe this should be eligible for UK261. How would I best go about requesting the amount due?