FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Staying loyal to BA?
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:21 am
Fatdickie

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by AJA_
If I was OP I'd just drop to silver. You still get lounge access where available (or not as you've discovered). Book the best OW routes regardless of whether BA is operating carrier. You'd still get status recognition, earn TP and Avios.

I'm Silver through my own effort, leisure traveller and currently not flying anywhere. Haven't been on board any plane since Feb 2020. Am a Feb TP year end so if I drop to rust, er I mean Bronze, next April so be it.

I buy business class seats anyway so normally get "better" check in (even would with rust virtual card) and lounge access anyway and will be able to regain Silver fairly easily, even more likely if TP thresholds stay reduced.

But FWIW I think patience will be rewarded and there will be further extension of status. At which point OP's problems disappear (outstation lounge access notwithstanding).
Likewise
and found flying out of Gatwick mainly European Leisure city breaks, silver is certainly enough to make a difference
Then at year end (mine is August) would book a few CE trips away in the sale to regain Silver, so never notice a drop
Then back to Y seat in row 11 or 12 exit row with extra leg room for the next 2 years

Sometimes wonder what it would be like to be gold and with the reduced qualifying TPs this would be the time to do it.... But the world is not yet open