FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Staying loyal to BA?
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:19 am
passy777

Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Yeah because those are the only places BA flies to right?
Or perhaps they are the places the OP wishes to fly to?

Each to their own of course, but I have never seen the point of TP runs or visiting a destination that would normally never be considered just for the sake of attaining status. Overnighting in airport hotels on a ridiculous multi-destination TP run may seem to many, a bizarre way to be able to hang a shiny card off your bag.

Arguably, if you don't fly enough, you don't earn or need the status, but I'm sure many will attempt to justify their logic.

Having many trips cancelled and re-booked for next year, it looks as though I will be dropping down the ranks unless BA extends status, but seeing all the offers now available, I suspect an extension will not happen, and as I live in the regions these 'offers' are not so tempting anyway.

I also have no desire to jump through the many hoops or pay the additional expense just to leave or re-enter the UK right now and that is assuming restrictions won't be in place in the future, resulting in more cancellations and uncertainty. The well documented frequent delays and chaos at the LHR border compounds my current lack of desire to travel.

I have written off this year for travel and hope things will improve next year, but it will certainly provide the time to evaluate what airlines are offering post pandemic with regards to service, routes and price with their respective loyalty programmes at the bottom of the list of considerations.

Last edited by passy777; Aug 30, 2021 at 2:26 am