FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Staying loyal to BA?
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:13 am
FlightDetective

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Obviously with the US still closed to EU tourists, my opportunity to earn TPs is limited. Other carriers have already announced further status extensions but with <6 months to go until my gold status expires I’m still in the dark. (Yes I know of the double TP offers but if you can’t actually get into a country it’s useless).

At the same time, I’m flying to DXB next month and I’ll have no lounge access at my home airport because BA haven’t bothered to renew the lounge contract despite other OW carriers having done so.

But for the whole month of July (11 months out) there’s no F availability to the 6 destinations I’m looking at for myself & my partner.

For the first time, I’m really wondering if I should just ditch BA
You and I both know that the DAA lounge at Dublin Airport is not exactly one of the best airport lounges in the world. I completely get your point though, BA should be renewing the contract on it, or contracting with one of the other lounges so there is lounge access as it is advertised as part of the product. But it's hardly a show stopper for a little while. Just use Fast-Track security and arrive right before flight time. No harm done!

Regarding extensions, you will just have to be patient like we all have to be. And finally, if your main reason for flying BA is for F upgrades, you're probably going to find that this will be more difficult as time goes on, due to the smaller F cabins on the fleet these days. You might have to resign yourself to flying in J.

Personally, I have no plans to ditch BA ever. The extremely good book with confidence policy, which of course is good for BA as it keeps cash rolling in, has been extremely appreciated by me and I'm sure many others as well, not to mention lower thresholds in the Executive Club. I can't wait to get on board my next BA flight.