FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:21 pm
scillyisles

I guess the point I was making about the price increases at the Andaz is that they are way beyond anything else I have seen in the hotels that we stay in when we go to any of the Hawaiian islands. I agree that Hawaii hotels have put their rates up as they re-open - for example we stayed at the Grand Hyatt on Kauai in November 2019 and looking at the prices now it looks like their rooms rates are around 10% more expensive than we paid. Looking at the hotels on Oahu where we normally stay then the rates do not seem to have changed much at all, on Big Island the rates seem to have gone up similar to Kauai. Whereas the Andaz seems to have increased their room rates by anything from just over 100% for their basic rooms to well over 300% for their Deluxe Ocean View Suites. Looking at other Wailea beach hotels, it looks like they have increased their rates well above the Hawaii average but none of them have increased their rates anywhere near as much as the Andaz. Occupancy seems high at all Wailea beach hotels so people are paying these rates.