FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan birthday perk
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:06 am
CanadianConnection33

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
AC is a corporation; it has no emotions. As @YOWgary said, marketing is marketing.

You're welcome to write AC if you really want, but I still don't see what would be the basis of your complaint. This is an unpublished program that, based on a number of posts above, does not necessarily hit everyone. It may be targeted or it may be random. Either way, your family member hasn't missed out on anything they were promised.
This is why I ask. My query is only to understand the basis of the exclusion / inclusion. If it is genuinely random then fine. If it is based on Aeroplan status then also okay.

But if the emotionless airline is running targeted marketing to the benefit of some and the exclusion of others there is a risk they may be excluding in a way that is not okay (either ethically and possibly prohibited by law). The possibility to receive the benefit should be equally available to all.

This is not my situation, but let's say it is random but Air Canada said, "Except those over age 65; people in that age category don't fly enough so they are excluded." That would not be okay.