FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HotelSlash "Early Access"
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2021, 3:09 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by kevflyer
Got it! Yeah. Hopefully not too difficult for people to remove the sensitive info. I know HTML tables don't play well sometimes.
Curious if you have a team of people doing data entry from the confirmation emails or you're using ML/NLP to parse as much as possible? As a developer myself I'm interested in knowing how you deal handle those data inputs.
There are tools out there that can parse at least some of the information from the confirmation emails, but we've found that it's such specialized work, and there is so much inconsistency in the data, that it's extremely challenging to automate the entire process. We have an experienced team reviewing each confirmation email for maximum data integrity.

We hope to automate more of the process as we grow, but to be honest, our goal is to offer the best possible pricing up-front so folks book with us from the get-go which requires little to no manual labor. As such, we're trying to be very aggressive on the pricing front, and if you request a quote and compare it against the usual sites you book at, we think you'll find this to be the case.

This is essentially what has happened over the past 10+ years on the car side with AutoSlash. Folks used to shop around and submit their reservations for tracking with us, but over time, they realized that 99% of the time we'd have the lowest rate anyway, so it was easier to just request a quote and book with us from the start since they were unlikely to do better elsewhere. We still track rental reservations made on any site, but the majority of our car bookings come from folks who request a quote from us.