FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Decoding the alphabet soup - fare buckets for UA
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:35 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by benjymessner
not to nitpick too much, but i think for B they are using premium as an adjective to modify economy, just as Y is referred to as first tier economy. i grant that it is unnecessarily confusing tho!
No, I think they have confused that PremiumPlus tickets on non-PremiumPlus aircraft book into B (and get E+ access regardless of status). Either way, agree it is confusing, as the term has a well established meaning..

Regardless, the fact the site has regularly full of errors has been discussed on FT since pre-merger, 10 years ago. It comes up every so often and it always seems to be years behind. I have a couple of times notified the site admin of those errors but after a couple of series of feedback, I gave up --- not going to spend my time helping a revenue-generating site. Have no idea if it does better with other airlines

More errors, further down the page
O - SaverPass 3-cabin First Award
ON - C to F on 3-cabin aircraft
PN - B/M-Up for Elites (tracks to the P bucket);
R - Upgrade to Business/Domestic F (except GS)
RN - This has recently been reported to be internal-use only, not elite upgrades.
Comments on mileage earning are back in the PQM days -- 5 years out of date.