FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any COVID updates for French Polynesia/Tahiti?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:31 am
SamirD

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by mileagehighclub
Northern California, yes. I believe this is just a point of confusion regarding test type and it seems frustrating. RT-PCR falls under NAAT, and based on my understanding from my partner and others who have visited Kaiser for tests, they are RT-PCR tests--the same kinds of swab and tests that other facilities use.

Reading your posts, you say that you went to SFO and checked with the United counter if the Kaiser NAAT tests are acceptable and got denied? Here's my plan:
  • D-3: Kaiser test scheduled
  • D-3: Submit Quest Diagnostics self test kit (regular testing I get from my employer), generally turnaround within 24-48 hours.
  • D-2: Schedule Walgreens test
3 tests. Low confidence in the self test kit given that it doesn't certify your identity, but it's a regular test I do, so I might as well time it with my trip. If you're saying Kaiser won't work then it really comes down to my Walgreens test or whatever I can schedule locally. I may reconsider the Kaiser test and try to schedule somewhere else then.
Yep, point of confusion for sure--but ticketing agents don't have a medical background nor do they want to sway from their policies.

Yes, went to counter D-2 and talked to 4 different agents and their supervisor who looked at the report and said 'NAAT isn't RT-PCR. I have to see RT-PCR here where it says NAAT'.

In the end, we all went to a local test site for RT-PCRs at $100/ea. I forgot the name but can look it up if you want. They were near the airport, but you had to book it online.