FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:28 am
AlicorporateUK

Re: COVID Test | “3 days vs 72 hours”

Merely a data point here (and apologies if already reported elsewhere) but staff at Sarajevo airport (I normally fly OS/LH but check-in staff rotate amongst all other airlines) seem to be very firm on enforcing the 72 hours’ interpretation of the rule, which I know is wrong and attempts of quoting gov.uk were fruitless and resulted in further annoyance (from their side, needless to say). In a nutshell: SJJ-VIE-LHR (yesterday at 15:05), I took the test on Saturday (merely because I was driving somewhere and went past Dobrinja i.e. airport area, otherwise I would normally do it on the day of departure, using Eurofarm at the airport itself), I was told (literally) that “Test needs to be done 3 days before the flight to the UK”, to which I answered quoting the relevant legislation, he won’t have it but at least he made an effort to get his colleagues (and supervisor) involved, again I got told that I will have to do another test. Once at VIE, I showed the test I had taken on Saturday and they haven’t said a word.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Aug 11, 2021 at 2:39 am