FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:10 am
UA Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by cricketer
I'm confused as well. Why do members who have already qualified need a PQP bonus?

I'm a 1K, but currently have not yet hit the PQP threshold for re-qualification for 1K but I am lifetime Plat and have crossed the Plat threshold. Which promotion applies to me?
If you’re currently a 1K (as of July 27, 2021) and don’t have 1K status through 2022, you’ll be eligible for a requalification challenge wherein you’ll have the opportunity to keep 1K status until January 31, 2023 if you meet the challenge requirements. You can also check at www.united.com/flytothefinish

Originally Posted by oopl
Does the Breakout Bonus also apply to the Fly to the Finish challenge?
On it appears to be one or the other.
A member can’t be simultaneously eligible for both offers. If a Premier is eligible for the Fly to the Finish challenge but doesn’t meet the challenge requirements, they will receive trip-based PQP bonuses after the challenge closes – we wanted everyone to walk away with bonus PQP to help keep them on track for requalifying, even if they couldn’t hit the challenge goal by November 30th.

Originally Posted by bjdj94
Right now, I'm 1 PQF and ~500 PQP short of requalifying for Silver, yet my "personalized challenge" is 4 PQF and 600 PQP or 700 PQP. How does that make any sense?
For Premiers who have not yet requalified, if the member has met minimum segments requirements and is only 1 trip-based Breakout Bonus away from requalifying, we placed them in the Breakout Bonus challenge. Because you are more than 1 Breakout Bonus from requalifying (>350 PQP), you’re enrolled in the Fly to the Finish challenge. Completely understand that you’re closer to the annual requirement, though, and there’s some good news for you there – per the terms of our Fly to the Finish offer, if you’re enrolled in the challenge and meet annual requirements for the status you had on July 27, 2021 before November 30th, you’ll also be eligible for trip-based PQP bonuses under our Breakout Bonus offer after the challenge closes! Since you’re closer to reaching Silver, those bonuses could help you reach Gold before the end of the year.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Similar for me - I currently need 2276 PQP to requalify and the 1K promo offer requires either 2700 or 3000. So I'll requalify organically before I hit the promo thresholds.

No sense at all.

Not that I really care.
Understand that you require fewer PQP to requalify than the challenge requires, so we’ve written the terms of our offer to accommodate this scenario. If you meet annual requirements before November 30th, regardless of the challenge outcome, you will receive trip-based PQP bonuses under our Breakout Bonus offer after the challenge closes. Since you’re closer to 1K this could go towards earning extra PlusPoints after hitting the 1K PQP-only requirement of 15,000 PQP.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 6, 2021 at 1:29 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member