FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA £40 PCR test ?
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:54 pm
flyslow

Chronomics Test to Return antigen test, £10 with BA discount, Amex accepted
Ordered the kit on 11/07 for 30/07 departure. First question marks raised when I was advised to use my booking reference on PLF for Day 5 TTR, not to mention some creative grammar.

Was supposed to be dispatched on 20/07, sent emails on 22/07 and 23/07 quiering the status of the order only to get autoreply about them being very busy. Published phone numbers are answered by TUI, who can't help you unless you're their customer. Unable to get past chatbot on website. Status of the order finally changed to "in transit" on 25/07 and was delivered by DPD on 27/07.
Took the test on 29/07, unlike Qured no video supervison was required. Got the certificate about two minutes after uploading test result. Some complaints in TrustPilot by people who were issued certificates for positive result even though test was negative, luckily mine was OK. Certificate itself didn't look quite so "official" as from some other providers.

It was quickly approved by Verifly and after some quibble also by check in agent (issue wasn't certificate itself, but the time of the test).

Expert Medicals Day 2 PCR home test, £28 + £7.99 P&P, Amex not accepted
As fully vaccinated Amber arrival I was looking for cheapest available test. There are lots of cheaper options on Gov list, but those providing home kits were all "sold out" and on site or self pick up test were offered at inconvenient locations and/or times (downside of not having to isolate is somewhat unreasonable requirement by my employer to turn up at work ). Despite sneaky P&P charge which you won't see before check out Expert Medicals was the cheapest option for me.
Ordered the kit on 11/07 for 01/08 arrival, delivered by DPD on 19/07. Bit worryingly there was no cardboard box, test kit was just in a plastic bag and considering how couriers sometimes handle the parcels there's a possibility that vial with liquid could get damaged. Also in instructions it said that test must be posted back to them within 24 hours of recieving the kit
I had no option but to ignore that advice
Did the test in the morning of 02/08 and dropped into Priority Post Box, Royal Mail delivered the kit 03/08 12:56, received the email with result and certificate on 05/08 15:15.