FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:17 pm
Dsnow0819

Originally Posted by furnaceflyer
If the restaurant was opened earlier this year, it has closed again. Or so it was on each of my one-week stays the last three months. Bar’s open and the limited food options are decent if you don’t feel like venturing out and trying one of the many good restaurants around.

Lounge closed still.

Masks have gone from mandatory to optional for staff – or at least not enforced at all – somewhere in between my stays, noticed a difference from one to the next.

A bit disorganized though…

I check in the app, tell them a realistic expectation for my arrival, say 5p, room not ready until 6:30p. No explanation, no apology, and out of bottled water to hand out too. I can hang out at the bar on my own tab!

First stay, no housekeeping until the fifth night – wasn’t around long enough. Fair, I knew and planned accordingly.

Last stay, app says housekeeping every day unless I request otherwise. 3 days in, no housekeeping and when I inquire, told I need to request it 24 hours in advance (they mean 24 hours – ask at 6 pm, you get it not the next day but the day after). They wouldn’t even send someone to pick up the trash, so these tiny little trash cans by the desk found their way into the hall…..
Valet is hit and miss. Texting to retrieve car works half the time.Despite all this I am going back…. Can’t beat the location.
That doesn't sound like the best review. Are you a globalist? If so, what was the breakfast setup?

I've got a stay here in a couple of weeks for a wedding and after reading this I'm considering switching to the HR downtown. Anyone have better experience there?