FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:29 am
merlin90

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Barciur
Can you elaborate on what do you mean by verifiable digitally on a state-to-state basis and which state is not included in that?
I don't know which states are doing what, exactly, but each state can, if it wishes, set up its own digital vaccine verification system. In California, for instance, I was able to submit the dates of both my doses along with my name to the system that the state established, and because that information matched against whichever database stores this information, I was sent a QR code and summary of my doses/dates that I can use to verify that I am vaccinated. I've not had to use this for anything yet and I honestly haven't heard of anyone else who has (some friends had to show their CDC card one time to get into Dodger Stadium) but I imagine other states have done something similar. It's not mandatory; more of a way to prove your vaccination status, if necessary, without worrying about losing your CDC card.