FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC now ranked "one of the worst performers" for OTP
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:04 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Now that AC is back to some reasonable degree of a regular domestic schedule, I am back to never leaving on time. Waiting to board 247 to YVR and we are already 15 minutes late with no hope of getting out on time. AC will be back to 50-60% OTP very shortly.

AC never ceases to disappoint.
@EdmFlyBoi

See, the problem is "time is fluid".

By extension, AC's ON TIME activities can also be observed to be "fluid"

But since you're up there now, on a bird with no wifi, I've done all these fun items for your scrapbook.

FR24 seems to know where you are and what time you left YEG. So yes, your 5:15pm departure was, whatever you'd like to call it.

Looking at FlightAware, it also notes your 5:15pm departure departed, but not at 5:15pm

Looking at EF, you clearly departed at 5:15 but conveniently, you are not landing at whatever time AC said you would.

I note, however, that your flight features "entertainment on demand" so consider my post as your "entertainment on arrival".

EF shows no delays

But I am happy to report that AC Flight Status page kept claiming you departed on time at 5:15pm.

I've been refreshing AC's page and just now, it updated. It seems that you still left on time at 5:15pm which is now on time at 5:28pm. So math.

Now I've also checked my handy AC slide rule and AC abacus because clearly, the math I learned in grade 4 is not the math AC uses.

(And for those of you who read this post and didn't get the humour, get an AC abacus.)