FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:40 pm
anteater

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I booked a trip in F (I class) on AS last year. One of the legs originally on a E175 has since been switched to a Q400. It still shows me in “First” but obviously I am not. Pretty sure AS at some point told me about the schedule change and I accepted it not noticing the aircraft change (I.e., only paid attention to the dates/times).

Not the end of the world, but some questions:

- should I have received a partial refund?

- will I at least receive mileage and elite credit for the segment in F? Automatically, or do I have to chase after it?
What fare class is shown for that segment? You mentioned it still shows as First Class, so I am guessing J/F/I. If so, you should earn at that rate. If not and it shows an economy fare you'll likely need to follow up with AS post flight. You should still receive access to AS Lounges because it was a paid FC ticket. If you pursue a partial refund, you may end up reticketed in an economy class and lose the EQM/RDM for that segment since it is an economy cabin. If you politely mention your concerns to Reservations, perhaps they can find room for you on another flight with FC seating available, or issue you a goodwill CS certificate.

Let us know how it goes!