FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Express Test PCR - recent experiences
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:23 am
polochick

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
Heading to FAO tomorrow afternoon, and am sitting here nervously waiting for our PCR results to come back from ExpressTest.

Last time we used them a their LHR drive-thru, and the whole process was excellent - staff were fabulous and we got results the same evening.

Used Gatters drive thru this time, before 10am, and the staff were awful jobsworths (telling us we had to wear masks inside our own car, FFS). Results still not through, and I am getting nervous. I know they only guarantee receipt by 10pm tonight, but the recent online reviews arent that positive, and I worry about getting this resolved overnight if we dont get results through. You would think with the profits these companies are creaming in that the least they could do is man their phone lines or respond on Twitter. Particularly the 'premium' services recommended by BA

I guess the mose pertinent question is can someone recommend a decent option for very quick turn-around antigen tests (dont need PCR for Portugal now), either south of London, Brighton area or at LHR T5 that would be open and available on Saturday morning?
Thanks in avance...
I had the swab taken (for pcr) at LHR T4 drive through at 1.25pm yesterday and it’s now 5.22pm the next day and no test results. If they don’t appear in the next hour I’m going to go get a lateral flow this evening as my flight is at 8am tomorrow.